India a large country hosting large population has advance in all aspects of life from economic status to education levels. The government has great focus on improving the education sector by introducing bodies which govern the education sector.
UGC (University Grants Commission) is a popular statutory body in India which was formulated by the Indian government to help maintain the standards of University education. Education being a key pillar in the country. Has assisted the country to have educated people who can operate business and get employed in better jobs without depending on outside manpower.
The board was officially launched in the year 1956 and has been to existence to date under the chairmanship of professor Ved Prakash. the sole purpose of the organization is to identify Universities in India which can offer quality education to students who leave school for post graduate, undergraduate and other higher levels after the secondary education.
The body distributes funds to various Universities and colleges which helps in facilitating education to students.The UGC organization also has given opportunity needy students by offering scholarship. This has assisted many students complete their higher education and venture in different career paths.
The organization is based in helping financially challenged student, who can achieve well in education. They are sponsored in order to help them shape the country when they get in various careers.
In reports the scholarship helps more than 20,000 candidates and has equal responsibility for all students. The scholarship works for the minority groups like girls/female, post graduates and undergraduate.
Who is eligible to apply for the UGC scholarship
- Student must be holders of first and second rank in the undergraduate.
- The student has to be admitted at any post graduate program to benefit from the scholarship.
- Student who have score 60 percent of the total marks in the undergraduate level can apply.
- The student should be 30 and above.
How to apply for the UGC scholarship?
The government has set out strategies where the invite interested students to the website portal. Form here they are able to determine who will qualify for the scholarship. The process is done online but in simple steps as follows.
Steps to apply.
- Visit the official UGC website page http://www.ugc.ac.in
- When the page open on the menu bar select “scholarship and fellowship.”
- The system will direct the applicant to the list of UGC scholarships, from here the student will choose which scholarship they feel fit to pick.
- When one picks their choice you continue receiving guidelines from what your pick.
- After applying for the favorite scholarships students will give the board time to evaluate and check who qualifies for the scholarship. Students can check the status of their application from the same website page http://ww.ugc.ac.in . following the guidance from the site.
- Dismissal form the program can happen if:
- Misconduct from the awarded student.
- If the student doesn’t achieve the agreed marks through the first year of the scholarship. The minimum marks are 60%.