Internet connection has become the in thing in the world. We need internet and advance technology to operate each gadget. Recently owning a computer has become a norm and we have different windows working on our PC’s. For one to surf the internet they have to be connected to an internet service. In the world today we have different and new cropping Telecom service providers.
They all have variety of internet offers ranging from different prices. Additional bonuses are preferred thus attracting many users to their service. We have the choice to select from the best internet which must be fast and reliable.
With this when we connect our computer to any internet service. Automatically and address is sent to the device. We call this IP address each device has a unique IP address which should be saved in case of usage. Here we have to ways to trace the IP address in the computer. We have different operating system from MAC OS. Windows 7, windows 10 and so on.
Today we focus on the windows 7 Mac book which connects to the internet assigned to it. A unique three set code is sent as the IP address. When connected it gives two addresses. The internal IP address and the external IP address.
Internet IP address: the address helps in the location of device in the local network.
External IP Address: This is the address which belongs to the internet you are connected to.
Finding the IP address on OS X
- Open your device and go straight on the Apple icon which on the left upper corner.
- The menu will open just check for the system preferences.
- After this click on the network tab on the menu.
- A new page will open with a lot of information on the screen. The IP address will be displayed on the same screen. Now you can select your connection.
- Note the only way to be connected is by wireless connection or through Ethernet connection. In choosing one of this the list of address will be shown on the screen but in small figures.
- The connecting IP address will be made default.
For windows 7
- Go to start key on your computer device.
- The menu bar will open go to the control panel followed by the network and internet.
- After this press the network and sharing option.
- The system will open the task bar now select the change adapter settings to details. In seconds the IP address will be shown on the screen.
- To get the address you have to check the kind of connection made. Wireless networks and wired/Ethernet networks. Click the appropriate network according to the network connection.
This process are almost the same for all windows, in all aspects one has to check the internet connection and in order to achieve the IP address. The codes are unique for each window and network connection. Though a lot of internet and technology is needed the processes are simple and don’t require computer literacy to follow the steps.