In the government field if you talk about reputed institutes immediately IITs, IIMs only will come in to the mind. But in this same way another institute is national institute of fashion technology. Over in the history of two and half decades the institution which is under central textile department throughout the country has 15 campuses is offering courses like bachelor, master courses. In these courses totally 2680 seats are available. At this situation in which the notification for the entry for 2014 has been released, let us have a focus on courses offered by NIFT.
NIFT campuses:- Bangalore, Rayabareli, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Chennai, Cangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Shillong, Patna.
- Bachelor of design courses – Accessory design (seats – 390), Nit wear design (seats-210), Fashion communication (seats -270), Leather design (seats-120), Fashion design (seats-390), Textile design (seats-3900.
- Duration – Four years.
- Qualification – Should have qualified 10, +2 from the recognized board.
Bachelor of fashion technology (B.ftech) courses:- Duration – Four years. Qualification – should have qualified 10, +2 with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as subject from a recognized board.
Age limit- for all bachelor programmes, should not exceed 23 years as on October 1, 2013. For SC/STs, physically handicaps five years extension is there.
Master Courses:- Qualification:- Should have qualified bachelor of design from a recognized university or NIFT or national institute of design.
- Master of fashion management: – seats-390, duration – two years, qualification – should have qualified bachelor degree from Arecognised University or should have qualified three years U.G Diploma from NIFT/NITT.
- Master of fashion technology –seats -100, Duration – Two years, Qualification – Should have qualified bachelor of fashion technology from only recognized university or NIFT or should have qualified B.E/B.Tech.
Age Limit – age limit is not there for master’s courses.
Like This…….. Combing all the courses totally 2680 seats are available. In this for SC 15 percent, for STs 7.5 percent, for OBC 27 percent, for physically handicaps 3 percent seats are allocated.
Entrance examination: –
Computer test/paper test: – The examination that is conducted for entry in NIFT courses will be there in two types. They are computer based test/paper based test. B.ftech, M.ftech, M.fashion Management candidates should write computer based test (cbt) also along with paper based test-1. Some more tests are creative ability test (CAT), General ability test (GAT).
For B.Ftech, MFM, M.Ftech courses general ability test that is conducted quantitative ability, communication ability and English comprehension, analytical and logical ability, general knowledge and current affairs, case study, on these the questions will be there. For three courses based on parts the number of questions will be changed. On total 150 questions will be there. Duration of examination will be three hours. After qualifying entrance examination for master courses in the next stage situation test, group discussion, interview will be conduct.
- Bachelor design courses: – GAT 30 percent, CAT 50 percent, situation tests 20 percent.
- B.f.tech: – GAT score 100 percent weight age.
- Design course: – GAT 30 percent, CAT 40 percent, group discussion 15 percent, interview 15 percent,
- M.F.M/M.F.tech: – GAT 70 percent, group discussion 15 percent, interview 15 percent.