Actually across the globe many organizations voluntarily come forward to provide financial support to students who are not in a economical position to pursue their valuable education .one among such organizations is Accenture Scholar ship program for minorities. The basic and clear intention behind its origin is to encourage minority students to pursue degrees in the stream of engineering, computer sciences and a variety of programs related to information systems and decision or management sciences.
This scholarship wing is incredibly being maintained by an annual gift from Accenture, more over this scholarship aims to assist bright students to fulfill their dreams to complete studies in the field of IT and engineering. This particular scholarship grants the eligible students a net amount of $2,500 to outstanding students for undergraduate study. Recipients must be enrolled as full-time students in at least two semesters (fall and spring) of the current school year to receive the full award. Scholarship America administers the Minority Scholarship Programs for Accenture, and selects the scholarship recipients.
- It is closely available to students who enrolled in the final year in either the honours program in the Bachelor of Information Technology; or the Bachelor of Science (Honours in Information Technology) program; or the Bachelor of Engineering (computer systems engineering or electrical engineering or software engineering) program.
- This awarded is granted annually purely based on merit, as confirmed by academic achievement during the first three years of the undergraduate degree that implies the applicant’s education information (grade point average, major, etc.) is given at high weightage
- Accomplishments in team-based activities or courses; and personal qualities, including leadership potential, and involvement in extra-curricular activities
- The final recipients are chosen based on the information provided in their applications.
- Ultimately scholarship recipients are selected based strictly on merit but not at all financial need.
- This program awards scholarships directly to varied students and is targeted towards African American, Hispanic, Asian American and Native American undergraduate students.
- Cheques are mailed directly to each recipient’s home address and those are made payable to the institution at which the student is studying.
Recipients have no obligation to Accenture. They are, however, mandatory to provide all requested information and to notify Scholarship America of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other pertinent information. Accenture reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program. Scholarship Management Services seriously administers this scholarship program, it is a separate wing of Scholarship America. Basically, scholarship America is a national nonprofit educational support and student aid service organization that seeks to engage and aid the private sector in expanding educational opportunities and encouraging educational achievement.